To: All clients of Diversified Portfolios, Inc.
1. We do collect nonpublic personal information in the normal course of our business, in order to properly manage your investment account. Information initially collected, from you on applications or other forms concerning your financial circumstances or subsequent account information in transactions with us or others, such as broker/dealers, is maintained in either paper form or electronically, and is kept on our premises.
2. Information collected may include, but is not limited to name, address, telephone number, tax identification number, date of birth, employment status, annual income, and net worth.
3. We do not disclose nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customer to anyone except as permitted by law. For example, we are permitted by law to share information about you with:
a. Companies that assist us in servicing your account such as your custodian, for purposes of opening and maintaining your investment account.
b. A brokerage firm in order to execute securities transactions on your behalf.
c. Your accountant or attorney, but only if you have specifically requested that we do so.
d. Certain third parties for services that enable us to provide our advisory services to you, such as our attorneys, auditors, other consultants, brokers, and custodians who, in the ordinary course of providing their services to us, may require access to information, we may share nonpublic personal information with such third parties.
e. Federal and state regulators that regulate our firm.
4. We do not provide your personally identifiable information to direct marketers or solicitors for any purpose.
5. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need the information to provide services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
6. All employees are trained and required to safeguard this information. We continue to evaluate our efforts to protect nonpublic personal information and to keep your nonpublic personal information accurate and up to date. If you identify an inaccuracy or need to change the information, please contact us.
7. We reserve the right to change these privacy policies or procedures, at any time without prior notice. However, you will be provided with a current copy of our privacy notice upon any changes or upon request so long as you remain an active customer of Diversified Portfolios.